9.26.2010

eating clean

i googled eating clean...not really what i expected. in my head, eating clean is not eating so many processed foods and cutting down the amount of artificial flavors and sweeteners. so, i am going to pretend that's what it means.

i did
#19, and it was super easy. how have i lived 29 years without ever steaming vegetables? maybe it's because we southerns know how to take a perfectly good, healthy vegetable and cook all the healthy out of it.

i also did
#7, and it reminded me that i'm not a fan of cooking. the recipe (asparagus and mozzarella stuffed chicken breasts) was good though. i should cook more, but it's the last thing i want to do after a long day at work.

i made myself a nice, healthy grocery list and am really going to put forth the effort to eat cleaner...even if it takes a little more time. let's hope this lasts, and i don't revert to what is convenient.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I steamed vegetables for the first time a few weeks ago, but I think I did it the wrong way because it didn't taste anything like I expected it to.