we all know what has been in the news about chris brown and rihanna. and it's sad that it is taking celebrities to draw attention to a problem that runs rampant in our society. here are a few statistics for you:
- 1 in 4 women will be abused in her lifetime.
- women who were murdered in a domestic violence incident had called the police an average of 5 times before the murder.
- it is estimated that over 5 million women are abused each year.
- domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women.
- in 60-75 percent of households in which a partner is abused, a child is also abused.
in the words of oprah..."if a man hits you once, he will hit you again."
and i say...you deserve better than that because you are the daughter of the King.