7.24.2008

blog title

so, i'm not really sure why my blog title is "my little jewels of wisdom." most of my posts are random stuff about my life. i think when i started the blog, i was posting about heavy issues. but then i graduated, got a job, and life happened. so, life is what i wrote about.

maybe i should talk about some important issues. maybe not. i don't know.

but there are some topics that are near and dear to my heart.

did you know that...
  • around the world, at least 1 in 3 women will be beaten, abused, or raped in her lifetime.
  • in the u.s., a woman is beaten every 15 seconds.
  • in the u.s., 4 children die every day as a result of child abuse, and at least 3 of those 4 victims are under the age of 4.
  • a report of child abuse is made every 10 seconds.
ladies and gentlemen, i think we have some problems on our hands.

No comments: