7.03.2007

ch-ch-ch-change

the sheryl crow song...a change would do you good...is going through my head right now.

the reason...i like change. i really do. it makes me grow, forces me to adapt and transition and get outside of my comfort zone. it's scary as hell at times...but it is so necessary.

i am finding the whole process of "settling down" a little unsettling. for the last umpteen years of my life, something has always changed every few months....my dwelling, classes, teachers, my jobs, my friends, the town/state i lived in. and now...since i finally finished my education and started this job in september, the biggest adjustment that happened was that my cases got moved to davidson county. and that wasn't much of a change.

so, nothing has changed. i live in the same apartment, work at the same job, still church hopping/shopping. i guess certain aspects have changed...my clients change about every 3 months due to the nature of the program, i did get a different car...but that doesn't seem to be enough.

why can't i just be ok doing the same thing, living in the same place for another year? i have goals that i want to accomplish so that i can make changes, but the thought of waiting another year for it is kinda driving me crazy.

No comments: