3.07.2006

and finally there is peace

peace that god is going to guide my steps these last few months of seminary and lead me to the place that he has been preparing me for.

peace that...to quote the speaker at church..."god pays for what he orders." money hasn't really ever been short while i've been at seminary, though at times i thought it for sure would. and i have faith that i will be able to get a job making enough money to pay what i need to pay.

peace that i will get a job. yes...i think that i can finally rest in knowing that i'll get a job. not that that means that i can sit on my butt and wait for it to fall in my lap...but in knowing that as i search and send out resumes and applications, there will be a place for me in the working world. you know, i think that i had forgotten the whole reason that i came to seminary. god called me to the poor. period. he broke my heart for that population, and that's what matters...licensure doesn't matter so much anymore...i don't have to be in an agency that only does counseling...i don't have to be at a place that can supervise me for two years...god has pulled me through the process of letting that go. i guess i had gotten away from the fact that god didn't necessarily call me to counseling. yes...i was meant to come to the program, and i will so use it...maybe in full-time counseling...maybe not. but my lifelong call is to serve the poor...the down trodden...the abused...the hurting. that is my passion, and that is what i have been created and prepared to do.

i don't often listen to the chrisitan radio station...sometimes they play hokey music, and that is one thing i just can't stand. but today...i turned it to the station, and this song was on...and it just confirmed what god has already been doing in me. i'm not one to post songs on here...but this one really got to me today...todd agnew...my jesus

Which Jesus do you follow?
Which Jesus do you serve?
If Ephesians says to imitate Christ,
Why do you look so much like the world?

Cause my Jesus bled and died
He spent His time with thieves and liars
He loved the poor and accosted the arrogant
So which one do you want to be?

Blessed are the poor in spirit, do we pray to be blessed with the
Wealth of this land
Blessed are they that hunger and thirst for righteousness
Do we ache for another taste of this world of shifting sand

And who is this that you follow
This picture of the American dream
If Jesus was here would you walk right by on the other side
Or fall down and worship at His holy feet

Pretty blue eyes, curly brown hair and a clear complexion
Is how you see Him as He dies for Your sins
But the Word says He was battered and scarred
Or did you miss that part
Sometimes I doubt we'd recognize Him

Cause my Jesus would never be accepted in my church
The blood and dirt on His feet might stain the carpet
But He reached for the hurting and despises the proud
I think He'd prefer Beal St. to the stained glass crowd
But I know that He can hear me if I cry out loud

I want to be like my Jesus
Can I be like You
I want to be like my Jesus

2 comments:

erin said...

I know that God has a plan for your life. He has been working on it since before you where formed, so that you are where you are, in this exact moment, where you should be. He will reveal each of your steps before you take it.

Revelation: I am where I am meant to be. Though I may have nights where I can't imagine doing it all over again, want to curl up on the floor and cry while at work, or go home broken-hearted, I know it is Him who gives me the strength to return the next night, show compassion when I am beyond exhaustion, minister to the babies, parents, and fellow coworkers, and help Him perform small miracles each shift. And I do love it. He has given me that passion, and it is unmistakeable where His hand was in my life to get me to exactly where I am. I know you will have this peace as He is fulfilling His plan for your life.

Jackie said...

It's so great to see what God is doing in each of your lives. It's such a blessing to have friends like you (sometimes a sappy moment is necessary, even I'll admit that). Sometimes it's hard for me to remember that He is faithful, especially lately. Thanks for the reminder!